Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm finally getting that light-hearted feeling today. There's as much work as ever on my shelf, but that trigger inside has been flipped that says "You're almost done!" I'm still putting in the hours, but in good spirits.

We'll see how I am on Monday. I'm not going to get my Sunday of relaxing because of Easter, and I'm not anticipating getting a lot of sleep. Church is at 6:30 a.m. Sunday, and Saturday night is a fight night, so the earliest I'll get to bed will be 12:30. So I'll have to aim at leaving at 5:45. Ouch. This whole recreation of the Marys going to the tomb is picturesque, but will sure wreak havoc with my sleep cycle. (Does one ever wreak anything besides havoc?) At least I'll have pancakes to look forward to after services. Mmm, pancakes. Maybe I'll have time for a nap between breakfast and Sunday dinner. Or I could help Mom cook. Damn that ingrained guilt complex! (Say Em, did you just hear kitchen cupboards banging, pots rattling, and a loud sigh?)

4 Antiphon:

12:48 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Ems

Itsnt it funny how that sigh is so ingrained?

 
8:03 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Eileen

6.30am?! I like my Easter Vigil on Saturday. It's a long mass and tends to be rather a late one, but at least I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night for it!

 
11:00 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

(Does one ever wreak anything besides havoc?)
And doesn't it seem like the things that ensue most often are chaos and hilarity?

 
12:53 PM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

Corey tried to convince me to take vacation so I could sing at the Maundy Thursday service and go back to The Dora for the Easter service as well. I might have tried if i had known Easter was this weekend. Somehow I missed that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home