Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Well, crap.

The Nelsons are moving to Virginia. While I'm happy for them in that they both will be much happier in their new jobs, I'm losing a good friend and teacher. Randal has taught me more about Tae Kwon Do and about teaching Tae Kwon Do than I've learned from anyone else. The club, and the Nest, will not be the same without him. It's their house that we go to weekly to watch Ultimate Fighter, and we can always count on Randal for his share of UFC PPV.

I hate it when friends move away. And it seems to happen to me too often. Maybe it's living in a college town, but it seems that once I form a connection with someone, they end up moving to pursue a better opportunity. I suppose I need to figure out how to make friends with people who have closer ties to this community.

This one was a real kick to the gut. I worry about the day Josh and Chelsea decide to leave. That will be even worse.

2 Antiphon:

5:42 AM, May 28, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

[hug]

You'll have to go visit them!

 
9:38 AM, May 29, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

I am quite sad they will be leaving too. I have learned a lot from Randal as well, especially about teaching tkd. I started teaching tkd when I was probably 10, but I didn't really know how to teach until I was at the Nest.

You don't have to worry about us leaving any time too soon. We signed our lease for the next year and are both completely lost about what we want to do with the rest of our lives!

Wiiiiii!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home