Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, May 14, 2007

You know, I don't really feel like I've slowed down at all. I'm so behind on posting even, that I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it. I completely forgot about the May 12 of 12 :( so I guess I don't have to worry about that, but still. So I'll just start posting again, and try and fill in the background as topics pop up, okay? Okay.

After I got back from visiting Wilton for Mother's Day, I got a call from my tenant. She's compiled a list of things that have gone wrong with the apartment, and is just now getting around to calling me with them, because she's just now done with classes. Great, thanks. I was stressing out, trying to get my syllabus done, and I've got to come up and look at things she's broken. I ended up calling the appliance guy to come out to look at the stove - she lets things boil over and they clog the contacts for the stove so the gas won't light, and I can't figure out how to clean it. I'm definitely charging her for it if it really is that the stove just needs to be cleaned. I gave her some BioClean to try and declog the bathtub drain, and I'm going to stop by Menards on my way home to pick up a new toilet seat. I'm hoping Doug will be around so I can borrow a deep-well socket wrench, because the one currently on there is so old it still has metal fittings, and I'm not looking to buy a socket wrench set. We'll see how this goes.

I just have to keep telling myself that the rent is worth the hassle of being a landlord. Also on my list of things to do is finding a new tenant for August. I really, really hate this part. I'm just not the best at taking the gauge of people in such a short amount of time. I mean, how can you tell if someone's going to be quiet, aside from telling them that's what you're looking for?

2 Antiphon:

12:29 AM, May 15, 2007, Blogger Ems

On the UPside, at least you were invited to the Mother's Day lunch!

 
4:05 PM, May 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

I would be an awesome tenant. And I like Iowa! But not to live in. One time I was in Iowa the first week of March, and it SNOWED. My Arkansas born-and-bred body couldn't take that for very long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home