Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Every year, I take this third job, and every year I exhaust myself on it. I've had approximately one hour to relax this week. I'm going to add another one with my lunch hour today. The test was Monday. It was pretty rough on the kids, therefore it's been pretty rough on me. I've been grading non-stop since Monday, taking time-out for work and sleep, of course, and I'm still not done. (I knew that comprehensive problem was going to be a bitch to grade.) It's not looking very good, either, so I'm stressing on whether I didn't teach it well enough, or they didn't study well enough, or the questions were too tricky. I just don't know what else I could have done to help them do better on the test. I warned them several times that the first two weeks were going to be the hardest, and they needed to not fall behind. Maybe it's just a matter of them needing a kick in the butt/wake-up call to buckle down. It's a summer class, but that just makes it tougher, because it's a lot of information to pack into eight weeks. Without knowing how much effort they put into studying, I won't be able to know for sure.

At least the money's good. I'll be able to finish paying off my windows and half my student loan balance with this summer's earnings. That'll feel good.

2 Antiphon:

1:33 PM, June 21, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

I have often considered taking a third job on the weekends or one night a week, but I didn't want to end up completely exhausted. If I could find a short one like your class, I might consider it. I am glad for my nights off and my weekends, when i get them.

How was that last book you read? I remember considering it a few months ago.

 
8:35 AM, June 23, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

I can't even contemplate the idea of two jobs, let alone a third. You must have supernatural reserves of energy, woman. But yay for extra money!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home