Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, June 11, 2007

I got an excited phone call from Mom a couple hours ago: she asked me if I wanted to go with her to see Chris Isaak in Minneapolis July 20th. Of course I said yes! I'll have to delay reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (it comes out the next day), but it'll be totally worth it! Forever Blue was one of the first CDs I ever bought, and it's accompanied every heartbreak I've had since. After that, I went and looked for all his old CDs (this was before eBay).

I obviously played it enough that Mom finally noticed what I was listening to, and she remembered liking the song Wicked Games and bought some of his CDs as well. So since I (re)introduced him to her, she immediately thought of me when she saw a deal for tickets. We're going to make a girls' weekend of it, and stick around to shop at the Mall of America the day after.

I'm going to have to get re-listening. There's a lot of CDs to remember!

5 Antiphon:

11:41 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

That sounds like fun!

I can only think of one Chris Isaak song right now (you know the one!), but every time I hear it it makes me feel things.

 
11:48 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Ems

OMG!!! You guys are going to the Chris Isaak/Stevie Nicks concert!?!?! I am SO jealous!

 
8:59 AM, June 12, 2007, Blogger Amanda

I'm pretty sure it's just Chris Isaak. I don't see anything about Stevie Nicks when I look for info about the event.

 
12:50 PM, June 12, 2007, Blogger Ems

I read that they were going to go on tour together.

 
1:14 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

Yay for a girly weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home