Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, June 29, 2007

I paid off my truck today! Woohoo! It's been very exciting watching the declining balance of my car loan go down to almost nothing, and it will be even better watching the savings account balance go up. I've got it set up so that the payment automatically comes out of my paycheck, and now that payment will just be diverted to my savings account, for when I have to buy a new vehicle. Which hopefully won't be for a long time, because I still have less than 60,000 miles on it (but not much less). I can't wait to get the title back, and put it in my safety deposit box. One more way I feel like a grownup. ;)

Of course, I got to celebrate by spending $400 to fix my brakes. Doh! They started grinding a couple days ago, and I had to replace the brake pads and rotors. Fun, fun.

3 Antiphon:

7:20 PM, June 29, 2007, Blogger P@

Woo hoo!

As is customary when a major debt has been repaid completely, I must now say: "Well, time to go make a major purchase!"

May you and your truck have many more miles and years ahead of you. :)

 
8:51 PM, June 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

Awesome! Well, except for the brakes. Stupid brakes.

 
9:43 AM, July 02, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

Yay! I can't imagine how nice that must feel.

I am afraid my something major on my car will go soon. It has over 106,000 miles on it and so far I have only replaced the tires and the timing belt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home