Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, June 25, 2007

I think I scared off another 10 students or so with the first test. Most of them did better than they thought, since I graded pretty easy on the problem - it was a lot of work, and most of them understood the general concepts. The average was 75 and I had a pretty decent bell curve going on, so I'm not too worried. If they did their homework and showed up to class, they're still doing all right in the class.

I went with Mom and Lew to meet Em's plane in Cedar Rapids. She was supposed to get in at 7:38, and I had a meeting at the Cedar Rapids office at 10, so we were supposed to pick her up and go out for breakfast before my meeting. "Supposed to" is the key word. Stupid O'Hare canceled her flight, and booked her on one arriving an hour later. Meanwhile, we're frantic because we didn't have the flight numbers and didn't know the flight had been canceled and thought another flight coming in near the same time was hers (this is the Cedar Rapids airport - it's tiny). We were trying to figure out where she was, what her real flight numbers were, calling people who might have that info (including accidentally calling Matt - he answered the phone fast asleep, as it was 5:30 in the morning there). Finally Em showed up in the terminal, but the airline lost one of her bags in the shuffle, so we had to wait in that line, and long story short, I didn't get breakfast. Or more than one glass of water the entire morning, and I was sick by two. My sinuses were killing me all afternoon, and it just wasn't a great start to the week. I missed that extra time with my sister, and I don't get to see her again until Friday.

2 Antiphon:

2:03 PM, June 26, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

I hope you get to have some fun with Emily while she's here. Josh just told me TOD will be in town on Friday.

 
2:09 PM, June 26, 2007, Blogger Amanda

We're going to see The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Festival Stage Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home