Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The weather almost cooperated, but we had a good time anyway. We drove through some severe thunderstorms on the way to Des Moines (which produced tornadoes by the time it got to my parents' area), and it had slowed down by the time we got there. We bought ponchos to wear around, and it stopped raining by noon. I ended up wearing it for most of the day, because guess how many times we rode the Raging River? I really wish I had started counting earlier, but I figure 15-17 times. The bumper cars were a close second, and we got to stick with our car as long as we wanted both times we drove. We made a pretty good team, me pushing the pedal and Calvin working the steering wheel. Although I had to point out the point of bumper cars is to hit other people, not avoiding them.

We had a pretty good time. This is the first time I've ever been to Adventureland and not ridden a roller coaster, though. Calvin was too scared. He was even a little spooked by the last hill of the Log Ride, so we only did that once. He was very brave for the Saw Mill Splash though: "I wasn't too scared of going in circles!" Too bad they don't have the Alpine Run or the Super Screamer anymore. They were very good beginning roller coasters. Cassie and I used to go on the Alpine run over and over and over again.

As much as he enjoyed the water rides, I may take him to the indoor water park next year. If he's brave enough for the water slides.


Riding the train

2 Antiphon:

10:59 PM, June 02, 2007, Blogger Ems

Where's an indoor water park?

 
11:22 PM, June 02, 2007, Blogger Amanda

There's one in Dubuque, and one in the Amanas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home