Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

I made it! With a couple hours to spare! I just finished writing up the study guide for the last exam, and then realized I have no idea when I'll be able to make copies. I'm out on a job this week, and I usually appropriate the office copier to make copies for class (my boss okay'ed it - I'm NOT stealing). I may have to go into the office early tomorrow and do it, since I forgot to download some files anyway. So, classes are planned, test is written, tests are graded...and man, oh man, what am I going to do with these kids? I was sure this test was going to be easier for them than the last one, and it was just a disaster. How many times do I have to say something before it sinks in? I know I talked ad nauseum about how the allowance for doubtful accounts is an application of the matching principle, but I had kids trying to talk about inventory! I asked about accounts receivable! I ended up having to throw out an entire section of the test in order to get an acceptable bell curve. That part was partly my fault, I think it really was a little too complicated for their level, but the rest of it...the rest of it...disappointing. I wish I had a way to figure out how much is me and how much is them.

I skipped laundry and mowing the lawn. It hasn't rained in ages, so the grass really isn't that bad, and I can get by with laundry later. I don't feel bad about it at all.

3 Antiphon:

9:30 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger Technomage

Well POOO! There goes my chance for a good deed for the day.

 
3:30 PM, July 16, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

You are a better person than me. I use the printers here for personal stuff, like the attendance sheets, every once in awhile.

 
10:20 AM, July 22, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

I knew you could do it. [/smug]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home