Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm trying a new program on my treadmill: it's one where it monitors your heartrate, and changes the speed and elevation to keep your heartrate within a pre-programmed range for a certain period of time. So, if I program that I want my heatrate to be at 170 bpm for 30 minutes, it will give me warm up time to get up to 165, then for 30 minutes, it will speed up when my heartrate goes below 160, and slow down when it gets above 180. Slow and steady seems to be working pretty well for me, usually I push myself too hard and then make myself sick.

I'm thinking about limiting my TKD workouts for this reason. I need to practice, of course, but do my cardio at home, and spend more classtime teaching. I may talk to Ashton about the possibility.

2 Antiphon:

2:22 PM, August 20, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

We did workouts like that for rowing to measure our fitness level. We would strap on a hear monitor and maintain a certain heart rate for however long they decided and see how far we could row. I was really good at keeping a consistent heart rate. I must be very in tune with my body :p

 
8:35 PM, August 20, 2007, Blogger Amanda

I never said anything about consistency. I fluctuate wildly in that range. Very annoying for the "steadiness" part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home