Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, August 06, 2007

So I'm still working on that swatch, but the practice is fine. I guess. I'm making something for me this time around. I thought Coachella looked like a good project. It may not be the best idea to start off with clothes, but I always have been someone who thinks she should master anything she learns right away. I was looking for a neutral color, but I kept looking at this one. I finally put the grey back on the shelf, since I knew I would regret not getting this one.



We'll see how this goes!

3 Antiphon:

11:01 PM, August 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

I am very firmly of the opinion that you should start out with something you actually want, and if it's a garment, you should knit a garment! You can totally do it. And I'm here if you need any help/encouragement.

 
9:10 AM, August 07, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

I agree with Annika. My first project was a gift for my sister, but my second project was all about knitting in the round, cables, and dpns. I don't regret it one bit. I totally needed a challenge to get me started and interested. I could never be one of those people that makes garter stitch scarves for years.

 
2:13 PM, August 07, 2007, Blogger Angela

What a beautiful colour! And what Annika said. I had a hankering for hand-knit socks. Skinny yarn, tiny needles with lots of pointy bits. They were the 3rd thing I ever knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home