Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thought Roundup

I really need to stop looking at the balance of my 401(k). I've lost everything I've made this year in the last two weeks, and it's really depressing.

Why is it so freakin' difficult to find a retail price on prescription drugs? I want to look into switching to that new birth control pill where you don't have to have your period at all, and all I want to know is about how much it costs. Ridiculous!

I have a $5 coupon at Amazon.com for ordering Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that I need to use yet this month, and I'm having a difficult time deciding what to buy. Half of my wish list is pre-order items, and the second half I'm having a grand old time trying to buy for cheap on eBay. It's the thrill of the chase! I'll take votes.

Thank God the heat wave is over, for now. It was getting so I was getting heat exhaustion just thinking about how oppressive it was outside. I woke up the other night, and my head was sweaty. Just my head. It was really weird. Anyway, I'll take rain over heat any day.

The Bread Garden had spinach salad with fruit and raspberry vinagrette as an option today. It wasn't quite as good as The Best Salad Ever, but it was close. Yum!

2 Antiphon:

1:24 PM, August 17, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

Can you use the £5 coupoon towards buying yourself a gift card? It'd buy you more time to spend it...

 
11:20 PM, August 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

Regarding the birth control search...

Do some serious research first. I was on the DepoProvera shot for over a year and had zero periods, which was awesome. But when I stopped getting the shot, I had a thirty-three day period that was so heavy that, despite wearing a super maxi pad and a super-sized tampon, I would still overflow onto my clothes during the fifty-minute classes I was teaching. It was uncomfortable, embarrassing, and annoying. Nine years later, I still feel like I'm recovering from screwing with my hormones almost a decade ago. Probably TMI, but better to have all the facts up front. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home