Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

All in all, this has been a pretty disappointing day, given that it's only 11:00. The DMV is closed for Labor Day, and the helmet I wanted isn't in stock, so they have to order it. I was really looking forward to riding today.

I may just get it out anyway. Throw safety and legality to the wind!


Update: Yes, I did it. I threw safety and legality to the wind, and practiced going up and down my street for about an hour, trying to get used to the clutch and the handling. As one is apt to do while learning a new clutch, I killed it a few times. Once too many, in fact, as I killed the battery. So I got to learn how to take the battery out and charge it. I've got a while before I can learn how to put the battery back in, but I'm learning things! So exciting!

And, oh god, am I so not ready to be out on the streets on this thing.

2 Antiphon:

11:08 PM, September 01, 2007, Blogger Meghan

I totally would have done the same thing!

(btw, your bike is awesome. I'm so jealous.)

 
4:20 PM, September 02, 2007, Blogger Ems

At least you realize that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home