Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, September 07, 2007

I am so tired. I think I'm either fighting something off, or my sinuses are taking more of a toll on me than I realize. They were hurting something awful last night, and I tried to go to bed early. I came home from the Nest, got ready for bed, and my brother called. He's trying to put together a short beginning motorcycle rider course for the motorcycle club he's in, and wanted to pick my brain on the course I just took. He had taken it, too, once upon a time, but didn't remember it, and he's such an expert now, he wanted the basics broken down. So I gave him all the great acronyms we learned, and the first exercises we did, and then we talked UFC. There are lots of great fights coming up, and I filled him in on the interview I heard with Tim Sylvia on Dywer & Michaels. I was pretty pissed at the excuses he was throwing around about his loss to Randy Couture. Paraphrased: "If it had been a real heavyweight fight, they would have stood us up" and "I went in with an injury, and I had back surgery right after the fight". Whatever. Excuses are just excuses. And whaddya mean "a real heavyweight fight"? Did they weigh you wrong? Or do you think that because Randy doesn't normally fight at heavyweight it's doesn't count somehow? Last I heard, you no longer have the heavyweight title, so I'm thinking it was a real fight.

Anyway, we talked for almost 45 minutes, and I ended up going to bed at the normal time instead of early. It's going to be a pretty full weekend, what with the first home football game tomorrow and then Sunday I'm taking Calvin & Co. to the Iowa Children's Museum's Move It! Dig It! Do It! fundraiser event. It looks like it's going to be really fun, and Calvin's going to have a ball climbing on the construction and farming equipment.

1 Antiphon:

7:36 AM, September 08, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

You didn't tell us about the interview!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home