Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I think I'm on my last symptom. It's all moved into my chest, and I'm taking expectorants to try and clear it out, since I tend to hang onto coughs. Even more hopefully, I'll be well and ready for Beer Fest this weekend. I'll also be more than ready to go back to TKD. Between being sick, and work, and a funeral visitation, I haven't been able to go all month.

Now to stop whining and actually post something worth reading.

I had a continuining education seminar in Des Moines on Tuesday, so I took the opportunity to hop the extra thirty miles to take my brother out to dinner. I finally got to see where he's been living: he's renting a room from his friend Aaron and his wife Tina in a tiny town just north of Huxley (of Riley Finn fame). They've replaced all the windows and siding, so Lew's hoping he won't freeze again this winter. They're in that camp that keep the thermostat way down to save on heating bills. Lew was all like, "I will pay you extra for a few extra degrees."

We went for Mexican, and it was really good. I've been craving it since the last time I called home, Mom and Dad were heading out the door for it. There are just some really good Mexican restaurants in this state. I don't know how places like Carlos O'Kelly's or Taco Bell survive when there are so much better options around.

I also managed to stop by Hobby Lobby and pick up supplies for gifts I want to make. I found a pattern for a cute flower pillow that I'm going to make for Nora and Malea. I'm going to do one pink with purple petals and the other purple with pink petals. They'll adore them. I'm going to have to figure out what to do for Ben, though. I give something to Calvin for Christmas every year since I'm his godmother, so I'm not too worried about that, but I don't want to send something to Nora without also sending something to Ben. But I'm not sure exactly what to do for a nine-year-old boy. As Annika recently noted, there's just not much out there for boys.

I also picked up supplies for a baby gift for Cletus the Fetus, but since his/her mom reads the blog, I can't say much about it. Which reminds me...Em, did you receive the box I sent?

2 Antiphon:

3:41 PM, September 20, 2007, Blogger Ems

Yes, I did, thank you. Its adorable, and, of course, made me cry. Its in my Baby Box.

NIce, with the Cletus, btw.

 
3:45 PM, September 20, 2007, Blogger Amanda

Yeah, your name's all cutesy and stuff. Completey inappropriate for aunt and uncle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home