Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Reason #4 I Am My Father's Daughter:



I can't pass up a sale. They had family-sized boxes of Grape Nuts 4 for $10, after last week's sale of regular sized at 2 for $5. I now have enough Grape Nuts to last me approximately six months. This reminds me of the time Dad bought several gallons of ketchup at Sam's because it was cheap, and we spent the next two years refilling squeeze bottles from our "supply".

5 Antiphon:

8:20 PM, September 25, 2007, Blogger Ems

I dont know what this says about me, but that's a good sale. Who would pass on Grape Nuts?

 
10:37 AM, September 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

I would certainly have taken that deal. Perhaps I'm your father's daughter, too? ;P

 
4:30 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger allison

I totally would have bought all those boxes of Grape Nuts, too. Only a crazy person would pass up a deal like that!

 
8:54 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

Heee! I think we're all your father's daughters here. ;-)

I once filled an entire shopping cart with cereal because it was on sale five for $10. I think the bill was, like, sixty bucks or something.

(Now you don't feel quite so crazy, do you? ;-))

 
4:57 PM, September 27, 2007, Blogger Ems

I have been giving this a lot of thought (I dont have much else to do) and I think the only reason this should worry you in the father transformation progress is if you start refilling the smaller boxes with the larger boxes. Then I will be sending professional help to your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home