Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm back at Tae Kwon Do after a lengthy time away with all manner of colds. I have to test for my first degree black belt in December (you're only allowed to be a recommended black belt for a year), and I'm running out of time. I'm still pretty shaky on my form, I haven't decided on my one-step sparring, and I can't remember the last time I threw a flying side kick, let alone trying to break a board with one.

And working out is becoming more and more difficult. I can't push myself, and if I do, I pay for it with headaches and puking. It's becoming enough of a hassle that I finally broke down and made an appointment with a doctor. I'll go in next Friday. I don't know whether to hope that there's something wrong with me so they can treat it, or if it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

3 Antiphon:

5:46 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Ems

I would say hope that something TREATABLE is wrong with you. I would hate for it to be something that takes away an activity to love. trust me, I know about that! And I wouldnt wish that disappoinment on anyone. So here's hoping its something antibiotics will clear up!

 
12:55 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

If there's no good treatment they may be able to give you tips on how to better deal with the symptoms and prevent them.

 
2:39 PM, October 22, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Wot Ems said. I'm still darned impressed that you're anywhere near black belt at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home