Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The new emergency system the University put into place as a result of the Virigina Tech shootings was used for the first time (to my knowledge) the other day during severe thunderstorms. Instead of sirens, we now hear a disembodied voice, which is a little creepy. I was in Cedar Rapids for most of the storm, but shortly after I got home I heard a voice from the heavens saying, "The severe thunderstorm warning has been canceled." Thanks for the weather update, "God".

4 Antiphon:

10:08 PM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Ems

Hilarious.

 
9:31 AM, October 05, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

It creeped my out too. The problem was I couldn't understand what it was saying over the wind and rain and i could only hear it when my window was open which is probably not going to happen very often when it is pouring rain.

 
1:45 PM, October 07, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Bwahaha! This tickles me.

 
6:26 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger jenn

Hee. God.

Hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home