Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I think I'm in a bad mood. Maybe that's too strong of a word. What I really need is a summer vacation. I miss that whole reset time where by the time you're done relaxing you're just ready to go back to work/school. I suppose I'll just have to settle for taking an actual vacation.

Speaking of which, I was researching flights to Alaska for next summer, and already I can't find one for less than $730. Last time, it was only around $600. I have one more option to look into, since we now have direct flights from Cedar Rapids to Las Vegas but they don't show up on normal flight sites - you have to go through the airport but they run only about $80-90. And Las Vegas to Anchorage is not horribly expensive. I would just have to figure out how to work it all out myself.

I think I'm going to have some chili and veg out in front of the TV, to simulate vacation. I might even have some of that squash I tried to burn. I left it to steam for a little longer than I should have, and almost ruined my pot. My house still vaguely smells like burnt squash.

3 Antiphon:

10:25 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

Weren't you just telling me about this vacation time you have that you must use. I bet you could use that!

How do you burn squash when you are steaming it?

 
8:32 AM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Amanda

I was suprised, too. I figure some of the sugars from the squash steamed into the water, and when the water boiled away, the sugar burned.

 
5:24 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger jenn

Searching for airline tickets makes me mental.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home