Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I've hit a snag in my first knitting project. I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to fix it, which is why I had reservations about trying clothing first thing. I got to the point where I could try it on, and I'm displeased with the armholes. (And I didn't know my back was so flabby!)




I think I would be okay with the drape if it didn't bunch around armholes so much. If I open it up more in that area, I think that would fix the stretching problem in the back as well. I am somewhat concerned about the vast difference between the length in the front and the length in the back. I could try binding off another stitch at the outset and working more decrease rows. That wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm not sure if it would solve all three problems. I guess I won't know until I try it. I'll worry about the armholes first, then the length. Can't say I'm not learning something!

4 Antiphon:

4:28 PM, November 11, 2007, Blogger Ems

I didnt know you could knit a sports bra...

 
8:40 PM, November 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

What pattern is it? I can take a look at it if you like, and see if I can figure out a fix for you. Of course, if you're comfortable experimenting that really is the best thing. It's certainly how I got so good at fixing things. (Just knitting. I am hopeless for fixing most anything else.)

 
9:03 PM, November 11, 2007, Blogger Amanda

It's only a sports bra now, it's not done yet. :) It will be a sleeveless sweater.

It's Coachella. I'm going to try the adjustments I mentioned, then if that doesn't work I might take you up on your offer of help, as I will be out of ideas by then and looking for some pointers in another direction.

 
9:16 PM, November 11, 2007, Blogger Ems

thats good cuz I just dont think you would gt the support you need from a bra made out of yarn. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home