Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Eek! I'm going insane with too much to do. Mom reminded me last night that there's only two weeks to Christmas, and my jaw about dropped. Half the fun of Christmas is the anticipation, and I haven't had the time to enjoy the anticipation yet! Saturday, I worked all day because I have this tax return due on the 15th, and I am so far behind it's not funny. Even if I hadn't missed a couple days last week because of the migraine and training I would have been behind. Saturday night we went to see Wylde Nept at The Mill, which is always fun. I was up until 2 a.m. drinking Guinness and Bell's Double Cream Stout (which is just as good as Guinness, if not better - blastphemy, I know!) and singing Celtic drinking songs. I really need some of these CD's. I always buy a few for tax season...maybe I'll do that this year. I was smart, I would have asked for them for Christmas.

Anyway, I was up late Saturday, and I literally slept Sunday away. I don't know if it was a product of staying up late, or the stress of last week catching up with me, but I needed the rest and there went my plan of going back into work. So I'm still stressed, but well-rested and therefore less stressed. Who knows how long that will last, but I'll sure be glad when this week is over. Maybe I'll have time to enjoy Christmas then.

3 Antiphon:

12:53 PM, December 10, 2007, Blogger jenn

Oh... oh.. tell me more about the beer...

*sigh*

 
1:27 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

I keep meaning to be organised for Christmas by getting and making cards early and writing them, getting addresses etc.

Then NaNo takes over and it's the 30th of November before I can even get round to thinking about Christmas, and I usually need a few days relaxing after NaNo. That leaves little time in which o get international cards ready.

However, I have most of the addresses I need, I've purchased all bar one of my presents online, so they'll be delivered to the people (bar my parents' present, which will come to me for wrapping) - the only present to buy in a shop, I did tonight. So I'll wrap that, wrap my parents' present, finish card writing (and some card making), and I'm done! Very easy this year :D

Posted your card today - last date for guaranteed arrival to the US before Christmas was yesterday, but I'm hoping today will still stand a good odds of arriving early!

 
2:31 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Ems

Being rested always helps you face what you have to do. And Christmas is Christmas, you'll make time to enjoy it...

We got one box from you so far, just to let you know. And I accidently sent your gift to the Billing address instead of a different shipping address, so I will send it to mom and dad's as soon as it gets here, hopefully it will be there before Christmas. If not you'll have an After Christmas present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home