Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I should post something before I leave. I'm headed back to my parents' tomorrow morning, and I haven't even started packing yet. They have dial-up, so I hate using the internet there. It's like using a rotary phone.

Emily and Matt arrived in Iowa yesterday. It was a suprise from my dad to my mom as her Christmas present. I heard she cried when Emily walked through the door, but I'm looking forward to the video.

Saturday was the annual Tae Kwon Do instructors thank you dinner. Mr. Ashton took us to Hu Hot Mongolian Grill. I am so addicted to their Thai Peanut Sauce, it's the only thing I ever choose anymore. I did add Yellow Belly Curry to the Thai Peanut for my second round, so I am expanding a little.

I ventured to the mall Sunday afternoon to get my hair cut. Bad idea. The line to get into the mall parking lot was a quarter of a mile long. This is why I shop on the internet.

I was almost on my own teaching at the Gym Nest these last two sessions. Chelsea and Josh were off on vacation getting engaged (Yay!), and Troy's grandfather died and he obviously had better priorities. We did a lot of Tae Kwon Do dodgeball and sparring. Group activities, good.

I swear John Edwards is stalking me. I have received a piece of mail or another from his campaign every day for the last three weeks. Yesterday I received a holiday card. That was much more disturbing than the oversize flyers I have been receiving (every day). He keeps this up and I'm going negative at the caucus. I'm sure my mailman hates him.

I have not yet sent out Christmas cards. I am afraid I am going to be one of those this year. They'll be Epiphany cards, I guess.

I have been working almost non-stop (read: about 15 minutes a day) trying to finish something I'm making for my brother for his stocking. (If you're on Ravelry, you can look, but I'm refraining from mentioning too much, just in case.) I'm very pleased so far, but it has to be done before I get home tomorrow.

A client sent us a bottle of wine for Christmas. It's about that time where I'm going to go open it up.

Merry Christmas!

1 Antiphon:

5:04 PM, December 23, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Merry Christmas to you! Enjoy that wine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home