Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

This is going to be a rough tax season, I can tell already. One, Congress hasn't passed the AMT patch yet, so we're in for a compressed season. Two, I'm still working on an assurance engagement that kicks my butt every year, and this year is no different, and I hate it. Three, I'm...lethargic. About everything in my life right now. It's all the same old, same old, and I'm bored of it all. Pretty hypocritical of someone who hates change, but there it is.

I wish I knew how to fix it.

5 Antiphon:

12:59 AM, January 13, 2008, Blogger Technomage

I truly wish there was something I could do for you. You are never alone. You have people who care about you, please know that.

 
9:19 PM, January 13, 2008, Blogger Ems

Sometimes you just get in a funk. I know how it goes. There are times when I just hate everything cuz everything is always the same...Winter tends to do that to me... I start to miss the sun, and I am so sick of the dark and the cold and the snow, and then the sun comes ou and that just means it wont get above 0 so I am bitter about that... I just make sure I have something to look forward to.

 
2:30 PM, January 14, 2008, Blogger Chelsea

Take to the time to do something you normally wouldn't do. It doesn't have to be anything big or time consuming, but different from your normal routine. If change is what you need change something.

I think knitting socks is a good start.

 
5:55 AM, January 23, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

What Ems said. And you can make changes, even if the idea doesn't appeal (I know the feeling as I don't like change either, but sometimes it can be a blessing).

 
6:45 AM, January 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

Well last night I was bummed out because I was missing the subtext in Oscar Wilde, but now I'm feeling like a real dumbass because I didn't understand a single thing you were talking about in this post that involves your work. (what is an AMT patch or compressed season?)

That's why flaky people like me just throw all of their receipts in a folder and then hand them off to their CPA at the end of January.

One thing you can be pumped about...you're not doing MY taxes [grin]

As far as the lethargy my dear, remember it is the bleak, bleak midwinter (we sang that hymn last Sunday in church). Perhaps you need a good dose of sunshine and green grass. It always makes me feel better.

I'll also say a prayer or two.

Kiss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home