Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We haven't had this much snow in ages. Saturday we had maybe three inches, and Sunday another eight, but it rained on top of it, so it worked down to maybe three again. But today, I don't know how much fell, but it is everywhere. It's like those pictures Em sends us from Alaska. The plows were even getting stuck, and they were putting snow wherever there was room. There was a ridge three feet tall in the middle of the roadways, because the sides were full.

I was dreading coming home, but Doug, bless his heart, had done my driveway and sidewalks for me. I about cried in thankfulness. (My tenant wasn't so lucky, but he was home all day, so I don't feel all that sorry for him.)



6 Antiphon:

12:20 AM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Ems

Definitely looks like home sweet home!

 
10:55 AM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Mindi Scott

Whoa! I sure wouldn't like to have to climb those stairs! :-)

 
12:57 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger Chelsea

You should see my car..wait, you can't under the almost 2 feet of snow!

 
3:06 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger allison

Hey! That's what my neighborhood looks like!

 
2:42 PM, February 08, 2008, Blogger Dogeared

Woah...

 
1:22 PM, February 24, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Dear lord. I am so glad I live in South-East England. If we're lucky, it's one major snowfall a year, nothing near as bad as that and it only lasts a couple of days...

Thank goodness for helpful neighbours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home