Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Where has this month gone? I've been meaning to post all week, but I just got too busy. Busy taking it a little easy, actually. I thought I was going to have to go to Cedar Rapids Tuesday for a meeting, but they postponed it because of yet another snowstorm. So all the hours I had piled up in preparation for that meant that I only had to work 8.5 hours a day this week, so I've been sleeping in and not stressing out so much, which is a nice respite at this point in the season. Six weeks to go!

We finally got around to having our holiday party last weekend. We had this gal come in from The Traveling Vineyard to do a wine tasting with us. It's kind of like Tupperware or Mary Kay, she comes in and does a presentation, then makes her money by selling wine afterwards. It was fun and educational. She talked about how to taste the wine and what to look for, and the different regions of grapes around the world and things like that. I ordered four bottles of wine. I'm not generally a wine drinker, but once in a while I do, so I splurged.

But I won't be drinking it for a while. After three weeks on this diet, I've lost four pounds. I wish I'd taken some measurements, because I can really tell a difference in the shape of my hips and legs, so that's exciting. Now is the real test though, because I've been able to get to this point on my own before. I need to get to TKD more than once a week, I think that will help.

The 29th of February never feels like a real day to me. I don't know if it's the nature of leap day or because Billy killed himself twelve years ago today. Maybe I'll have to open that bottle of wine after all. Billy would have appreciated that.

1 Antiphon:

7:20 AM, March 02, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Well done on the weight loss, and I hope you enjoyed that wine - you've earned it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home