Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, April 14, 2008

I took yesterday off and spent eight hours cleaning my house. I still have a bunch of organizational stuff to do, like filing and sorting, but I can now see the bottom of my sinks and I'm ecstatic. I even washed the windows. Plus, cleaning house? Beaucoup calories burned. I've submitted my 8.00% weight-loss as my final weigh-in at work. I'd better at least place. I'll find out tomorrow.

It also turns out my burgeoning niche practice in gambling professionals has been nipped in the bud. I got final word from someone who should know that internet gambling is indeed illegal in Iowa. I'm trying to pull together some names of lawyers this guy can talk to, but shit. Can you imagine thinking what you're doing is perfectly okay, and then finding out you could be in big trouble? I don't think anyone's been prosecuted for it, since it would be super easy to find people who've been doing it. If you watch the tournaments on TV, lots of people qualified through online qualifying tournaments. If they're a resident of a state in which internet gambling is illegal...

I have Jean Valjean in my head: "One Day More!"

3 Antiphon:

11:14 AM, April 14, 2008, Blogger allison

See, another reason you should move to Canadia.

 
11:51 AM, April 15, 2008, Blogger Ems

Today is the day. Congratulations.

 
8:43 PM, April 18, 2008, Blogger Meghan

I meant to spend eight hours cleaning today. I think I got a solid one in. But I thought about cleaning while I was chasing Xan... does that count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home