Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, May 19, 2008

I hate performance review season. Especially this year, when I'm feeling rather apathetic about this job. Or perhaps it's this time of year that makes me apathetic about my job. Right now, I don't really care about personal improvement or advancement or developing business. I take that back - I am starting to get a little excited about networking. If you remember, I was talking about trying to expand my social circle, so that when Josh and Chelsea leave, I have some kind of social outlet. So I've kinda been working the relationships in my Chamber Ambassadors group, and that has increased my enjoyment of that activity.

I'm also kinda excited about diving into home improvement. Yes, I've done projects here and there, but I don't really have much of a plan and I'm not much of an interior decorator. But this weekend I started working on a couple projects in my backyard that I've been meaning to do. There are a lot of those projects I've been putting off, but these were filling in the hole where a stump used to be and digging up a bunch of tiger lilies whose placement against a fence has always bothered me, and cutting down some volunteer trees that were getting out of control. So now that I've actually done some of the things I've been putting off, I feel free to start thinking about other things I could do. Outside. Inside, I have a bunch of those projects I've put off, like hanging pictures and putting up curtain rods in my bedroom.

1 Antiphon:

11:39 AM, May 26, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

I know what you mean about the apathy bit. I hope the home projects make you feel all nice and achieve-y instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home