Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This is the last day of my twenties.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, if anything. On the one hand, it's not really a big deal, because I don't really make a big deal out of birthdays. I like to acknowledge them by doing something special for myself, and this year was a big something special, but that's more using it as an excuse for doing something I wanted to do anyway. Or maybe it's more like, I like to make a big deal out of my birthday, but I don't like other people making a big deal out of my birthday.

Now that I think about it, that's exactly it. I couldn't tell you why, other than I dislike being the center of attention.

I am looking forward to my thirties. Looking back over the last decade, I have grown up so much, and I am rather comfortable with the person I have become. I feel prepared to tackle the next decade, ready to handle new challenges and excited to see what is to come.

6 Antiphon:

1:46 PM, May 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

In case I forget tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't wait to be 30, myself.

 
2:24 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Chelsea

For some reason I had it in my head that it was next Thursday and so was the next UFC. I am off by a whole week! How did that happen? I can't believe it's the 21st.

I will tell you happy birthday when I see you tomorrow.

 
12:53 AM, May 22, 2008, Blogger Meghan

Girl, you're gonna love your 30's. Just so you know, my actual 30th birthday BLEW (let's just say, they came in with a whimper, not a bang) but, since then, my 30's have been the most awesome years of my life.

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, AMANDA!!!!

 
7:56 AM, May 22, 2008, Blogger Eileen

Happy birthday Amanda!

 
1:33 PM, May 23, 2008, Blogger Mindi Scott

Yay! You're 30 now! And see, it isn't so bad, right? :-)

I think I'm the opposite of you. I want someone to make a big deal out of my birthday. It doesn't happen unless I make it happen. Someday I would just like someone to surprise me.

 
11:37 AM, May 26, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Eeeek! Happy belated 30th Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home