Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, May 30, 2008

This is what my parents got me for my birthday:



"A diamond for every decade," Mom said. How sweet! Although I have some lovely (and very special) jewelry, this is the first time anyone's ever gotten me diamonds. I feel very girly.

Also for my birthday, someone gave me the flu. Not so much fun. I haven't had the actual flu in a very long time, but I had fever and chills and tiredness. I did have a sore throat and a little head congestion, but mostly the tiredness. I tried to go to work yesterday, but left early. There was a mistake made in there somewhere, because instead of taking a nap in the afternoon, I went to sleep about five and didn't wake up until three. And I've pretty much been awake since three.

I was so awake, I had to get up and eat breakfast. I read a little, then tried to go back to sleep. No dice. Today is going to suck.

3 Antiphon:

4:17 PM, May 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

The jewelry is lovely, and it came with such a sweet sentiment! Color me officially jealous.

Sorry about the flu. Last year I got my period for my birthday, so I can sympathize.

 
7:16 PM, June 01, 2008, Blogger Mindi Scott

Your diamonds are so lovely!

Sorry about the flu. *hugs*

 
3:31 PM, June 02, 2008, Blogger Dogeared

That's a gorgeous present! Happy birthday! [big birthday hugs]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home