Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Here we are! Safe and sound! We had a relatively uneventful flight, except that Dad and I didn't get seats assigned next to each other at all. In the puddle jumper (I was hoping to see some flooding from the air, but it was too cloudy), we were across the aisle from each other, and on the long flight, we were in the same row, but I was in A and he was in E. I slept a lot of the long flight anyway because I had a headache. My rowmates were both originally from Iowa, too. The one guy grew up in Cedar Rapids, but now lives in a cabin near Seward. I don't remember which small town the gal was origianlly from, but she had lived all over and was now visiting Alaska, so we were both giving her ideas on what to see while she was here.

I'm currently having fun trying to adjust to the time change. Instead of waking up at a nice respectable almost-9:00, it's that side of 6:00 in the morning. I did go to bed at 10:00 local time. Sunset was at 11:42 last night, and I don't know about sunrise, but my body is confused about that, too. It's like back when you were a kid and bedtime was at 8:00, but it was summer and still light out. Not fair! Going to bed when there's still daylight.

And Hayden? Looks even more like his dad in person. Nothing like having the real thing in your arms.

2 Antiphon:

9:44 AM, June 13, 2008, Blogger Chelsea

Glad you made it! I can see the flooding from my apartment's bedroom and kitchen windows if you want some pictures!

Actually I took some, but my camera didn't want to save them for some reason. If my camera is dying I will not be happy.

 
5:15 PM, June 14, 2008, Blogger Mindi Scott

Baby! With Auntie!

Have a lovely continued visited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home