Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I do this to myself every year. Summer is supposed to be laid back and lazy, right? But then I go and try filling it up by teaching a class, and I'm stressed for two months. I should have put my foot down and said no. But this year was supposed to be easier than last, since I've taught from this book before and I've got all my lesson plans done.

And maybe it is. Maybe I'm just panicked because I accidentally handed out the wrong syllabus Monday. Or I forgot how tired I get after teaching for four hours. Or that I'm supposed to leave for Alaska in one week and I'm frantically trying to wrap up projects at work and I haven't even started thinking about what in the world I'm going to pack to wear.

I'm just...I'm not content with how I'm going about things, and I don't know how to fix it. I feel like I'm stressed about one thing or another at all times, and I just need a break, and I don't know how to take it. I don't know how to untangle myself or what I need to untangle.

4 Antiphon:

1:39 PM, June 04, 2008, Blogger Chelsea

I bet it's all due to the fact that you changed your profile picture.

 
8:58 PM, June 04, 2008, Blogger Ems

I suggest warm layers. Its been below average. Chilly. Low 60's have been the highs, if we get there. Have a light jacket for rain. I know you only get one free suitcase now so, like last time, I have lots of sweatshirts you can borrow, so dont waste space on those. But since we dont have any set plans (that i hae been made aware of) I would just say layers.

 
1:52 PM, June 08, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Your industriousness puts me to shame.

*goes back to slobbing on sofa*

 
12:00 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger jenn

I just have to comment that teaching a class does the exact same thing to me. Each time. And this is what I DO for a "living".

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home