Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, July 21, 2008

I think for the foreseeable future, you can just assume I'm sore. Just assume it, and I won't complain anymore.

Spent 12 hours grading tests Saturday, and I don't know where yesterday went. I went to church and mowed the lawn and watched Dr. Horrible one last time before it wasn't free anymore, and the rest of the day was a blur.

This is the last week of class. One lecture, one final - all multiple choice. Someone was thinking when they mandated this test. But the thing I don't like about it is what makes grading difficult - no leeway, no partial credit. At least if I can see where you went wrong, I can give you some credit if I see you understand the underlying principles.

Work will suck this week, too. But if I can get these audits off my desk, I can start working on the more fun stuff.

3 Antiphon:

4:20 PM, July 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

I recommend time in a hot whirlpool tub, two motrin and a glass of wine...for everything including the soreness.

 
10:10 PM, July 21, 2008, Blogger Nicole

But being sore isn't always bad, right? It means you accomplished something!

Fun stuff and accounting...somehow that doesn't make sense to me... lol

 
7:15 AM, July 27, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Oh, I know exactly where you're coming from. (This has been one of the busiest months of my working life, so I really do feel your pain.) Just focus on the point where you'll be done and can relax a bit. And think of all the things you'll be able to enjoy doing (or not!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home