Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm thinking about joining a gym. I went to a ribbon cutting for Fit2Live Gym yesterday, and decided today to go to a workout and try it out. I've been thinking that I need to supplement my TKD workouts with something that incorporates strength training, and I like the philosophy behind this place.

I got a really good workout, but unfortunately, I marked the return of heat issues. It took me almost 45 minutes to shake off the dizziness this time. No throwing up or headache so far this evening, so that's good, but I don't like that I had such a difficult time. It may be a factor that I haven't had a good workout since May, but I've never had dizziness like I had this time. I thought I had it figured out by quitting the birth control, but maybe not. I'll have to keep going to be sure it's not a fluke.

Poor trainer. He felt so bad for pushing me hard. I had to explain my whole history, in hopes he wouldn't feel responsible.

Labels:

4 Antiphon:

9:47 PM, July 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm so impressed by you. I have a YMCA membership that's gone unused for over a year. I actually think I'm going to start back tomorrow am with an aquatic exercise class. I want to make sure I don't injure joints with the extra weight I'm carrying around.

Which also might be a solution for you. You can do aerobic or strength training in a pool, burn lots of calories but not raise your body temperature. Plus the buoyancy is easier on joints etc.

I'll be your cheerleader, if you'll be mine!

 
11:48 AM, July 14, 2008, Blogger Amanda

If I didn't absolutely despise being in the water, that would be an excellent suggestion. I'm going to keep it in mind as a last resort.

I will definitely be your cheerleader, though. Weekly posts for accountability?

 
2:30 PM, July 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

That works. But I'm off to a bad start. I woke up this morning with a headache, a fever, a sore throat and a rash that runs from my left boob all the way down my left arm.

 
9:16 PM, July 14, 2008, Blogger Amanda

Aww! Stoopid sickness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home