Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

After a bit of trouble finding the place - Calvin took great pleasure in announcing I had driven around in circles, which was true, but in my defense, it was pretty difficult to figure out how to get to that side of the highway - we jumped right in...to the arcade. We spent a ridiculous amount of time in the arcade, to the point where I was wondering why we had just driven an hour and a half just to go play video games.



I finally convinced him to try out the waterpark. He loved it, of course. There were all kinds of neat water tricks on this contraption - pull a rope or twist a handle to get water to spurt or dump. Kids especially liked manning one of these stations to wait for an unsuspecting person to walk beneath them, then dump water on them. He loved trying to figure out how some of them worked; it reminded me of a giant game of Mouse Trap.





He was slightly more hesitant to try the waterslides. The smaller two, he was all right with, but the tall one that you had to climb a couple stories of steps to get to and looped outside scared him a little. I wanted to try it, so I told him to wait while I went by myself. He asked how it was, and I told him it was fun, but it got dark in the middle. He said he would try it if I went with him, so we did. He had to close his eyes, but he had enough fun that we had to do it several more times.



He still liked the arcade the best, though.

3 Antiphon:

9:07 PM, August 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

That looks like big-time fun!

 
9:56 AM, August 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

See I was right in my suspicions...you were out with a fine young man.

 
3:13 PM, August 24, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

I love waterslides. Except when you hit the water the wrong way and it's like OW. But mostly good. And that looked like a good laugh, yes indeedy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home