Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I am so hungry. I'm having such a difficult time getting through late afternoon/evening. I can be hungry in the morning and I can be hungry before I go to bed, but the rest of the time, I need to be full. I know 1200 calories a day (my meal plan) is too little now that I'm exercising, but I don't know how little. I definitely don't want to go into starvation mode, and I don't want to lose weight too fast, especially since stretch marks are starting to go crazy and I want to give them time to compress themselves. Do they, even? So far my skin's been pretty cooperative with shrinking with the rest of me.

Anyway, I like the 500 calorie a day deficit, and I don't know if my hunger pains mean that I'm in starvation mode or it's just a shock to my system. I was this hungry when I first started the meal plan, and then I just got used to less food.

I have my "starting" evaluation at the gym on Friday. They'll attack me with the calipers and see what my body fat percentage is (which I've never had done before, so I'm curious) and take some measurements. I wish I'd had this done back in February when I started, so I'd know how far I've come. All I have are pictures:


Labels:

8 Antiphon:

7:44 PM, August 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

It's not about what you have, but what the pictures show you don't have: unnecessary poundage. You look great! Good look with the evaluation. (The BMI thingie has spurred me on more than once.)

 
7:57 PM, August 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous

Holy crap woman...you look gawjus. Oh and do be careful about too few calories because your metabolism will slow down to compensate. Or so I've been told.

 
10:45 PM, August 06, 2008, Blogger Mindi Scott

You look great, Amanda!

 
10:18 AM, August 07, 2008, Blogger allison

You not only look great, you look taller too!!

 
3:02 PM, August 07, 2008, Blogger Ems

Enough with how good you look, where was your before picture taken? ;)

 
8:02 PM, August 07, 2008, Blogger Amanda

Are you really asking for compliments for taking my "fat" picture?

 
11:52 AM, August 08, 2008, Blogger Ems

LOL. I's takes them wherea I gets thems. Haha.

 
9:32 AM, August 09, 2008, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Looking fab. Not that you were exactly large beforehand, mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home