Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Good Fences

Ooh, I'm pissed. Okay, I'm sorry the grape vine is growing over the fence into my neighbor's bush, but the grape vine was there first. I told them it was fine if they cut it back...and they thought it was fine to cut it OFF. Which wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't included my black raspberries with it. They didn't get them all, but half my production is gone. I'm so. PISSED.

What makes me even more pissed is that Erica's mother, who was helping her, got all pissy back at me, tried to tell me that it WASN'T black raspberries...HELLO!!! This is my fucking yard, I think I know what I have. If you had stayed on your property, you wouldn't have destroyed MY plants.

I should have clarified that I'd help clear out the branches. But how was I supposed to know they'd come into my yard to tear out my plants? ARGH!!! Really. REALLY. PISSED!!!!!

6 Antiphon:

10:10 PM, July 05, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm of the opinion that destruction of raspberries should be a felony offense. Seriously.

 
11:57 PM, July 05, 2009, Blogger Jenn

That is just strange... really strange.

 
12:26 AM, July 06, 2009, Blogger Technomage

I don't think it's a Felony, but you may have a case in small claims court.

 
1:45 AM, July 06, 2009, Blogger Technomage

On another note.... I really wanted some of that pie you were twittering about.

 
3:50 PM, July 06, 2009, Blogger Ems

OMG! HOW RUDE! I cant believe they would destroy a plant in your backyard.

 
9:52 AM, July 12, 2009, Blogger CosmicAvatar

What Ems said. You cut back the stuff on your side, not destroy the stuff on your neighbours' end. I read a similar story in the paper recently and the neighbours just cut this poor woman's shrub right down to the stump and she didn't have a leg to stand on because she'd said it was OK for them to "cut it back". ARGH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home