Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

That's It?!?

My state fair hat came back in today's mail. I was a little confused at first as to why I was getting a package, but then I recognized my own handwriting. It was dark, okay?

They judged in three categories on a scale of one to five: Appearance (cleanliness, design, use of color, appropriate fiber choice), Workmanship (gauge, uniformity of stitches, proper casting on and casting off, no knots or loose ends, appropriate seams and other construction techniques) and Finishing (blocking, fringe, embellishments).

I got fives in all three categories and the comments "Very nice job. Tough class!"

"That's it?!?" was basically my reaction.

I don't have much I can go on for improvement for next year (oh yes, I'm planning for next year), except that they probably went a little bit on personal preference and I need to submit things that are more striking/memorable. I've already got a couple ideas in mind.

Labels:

1 Antiphon:

2:33 PM, August 28, 2009, Blogger Ems

Shouldnt you be proud of yourself? I mean it was a tough class and you got a perfect score. This isnt 4-H anymore! Be proud of yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home