Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

General Tso's Chicken



General Tso's Chicken

Diced 1 lb. chicken chicken breast and marinated overnight in a marinade of ginger and garlic paste, turmeric, chili powder, and hoisin sauce.

Stir-fried the chicken in sesame oil. For the sauce, I kinda ran out of stuff (who runs out of hoisin sauce? Isn't that one of those things that lives in your refrigerator forever?) so it consisted of 1 tsp each of ginger and garlic paste, chili powder, curry powder, brown sugar, corn starch, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, 1/4 c. soy sauce and some fresh garlic and ginger. Cooked down and added vegetable broth to thin.

Added brown rice and steamed broccoli (overcooked the broccoli, dammit), and Voila! Urge for Chinese food satisfied!

4 servings: 215 calories (not including rice and veggies)

Labels:

2 Antiphon:

2:56 PM, September 09, 2009, Blogger Tom Bombadil

Sounds yummy! I too ran out of Hoisin the last time I needed it for a recipe - I substituted with soy sauce, a little barbeque sauce, some Five-Spice powder and ginger. It was for a bok-choy saute that to my surprise the girls devoured. I hope that they like it as much with hoisin, because there is no way I recreate the sauce I threw together last time!
Angela

 
3:12 PM, September 09, 2009, Blogger Ems

Me. I run out of Hoisin sauce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home