Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I've gotten a little predictable on how I like to celebrate my birthday, but I enjoy my traditions so much that I don't see a need to change. The big three are cookout, strawberry pie and sushi.

Sunday was the weinie roast and strawberry pie at Mom and Dad's. Mom was still feeling feverish off and on last week, so she didn't want to do any prep for it but still wanted it there so she could attend. Grandma made all the pie crusts, she and Mom cleaned the strawberries, and I made the sauce while Mom put them together (she couldn't keep her hands *completely* out of it!). The rest was potluck, coordinated by Emily and Dad took care of the fire. It was pretty windy, but wasn't too bad that we couldn't eat outside. Gorgeous day! My in-laws were able to come down again - they gave me the Hunger Games books, which I have managed to not read yet. Now I have no excuse.

Tuesday I had lunch out with a couple girlfriends (one of whom is getting married in three weeks, so that was fun to talk about) and then Joe took me out for sushi that evening. We came home and had strawberry shortcake, and opened Joe's present. He's actually making me a bookcase, but he wanted me to have something to open, so he bought me another book I had been wanting. I had read The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern in the car during the honeymoon and absolutely loved it, and decided I needed to have it. At the heart it's a love story, but it's more about the magic and the characterization and the setting than romance.

Anyway, I'm 34 now.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home