Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, November 05, 2012

3rd


So much for blogging every day. Two days and I quit. It’s not like I didn’t have anything to blog about. Saturday we went out to my parents’ house. Mom is purging her closet after losing so much weight and wanted to know if I could use any of the clothes. So I got to go shopping for free, and came back with a lot of dress clothes and a pair of shoes. We’re not quite the same body shape, so there was a lot of stuff that was too short or too wide in the waist, but she was glad to know I could get some use out of them.

Then we half-listened to the football game while Joe and I shot chickens with Hayden. Mom and Dad have Chicken Riot for the Wii, and it’s one of Hayden’s favorite games. He’s still getting the hang of not moving the gun while he pulls the trigger, but I taught him how to maneuver the menu screens by identifying the first letter of words, so that was really fun to see. “See the word that starts with ‘P’? That one means ‘Play’” and “Do I shoot the ‘O’ [for one player]?”

Mom cooked a teaser for Thanksgiving dinner, with turkey breast, dressing, potatoes, green beans and corn bread. We’re celebrating Thanksgiving with Joe’s family this year, since we did my family last year, so it was nice not to have to miss out on Mom’s cooking. Not that Joe’s family aren’t excellent cooks, but they’re not Mom. You know how it is.

1 Antiphon:

6:31 PM, November 07, 2012, Blogger Emily

Hayden was SOOOOO excited about shooting chickens with you! Of course he wants to know when you are going to come play it with him again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home