Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Wherever You Find Love, It Feels Like Christmas

I've felt more in the Christmas spirit this week. Joe and I spent last weekend baking and cleaning and Christmas shopping and it was just a nice couple of days together. I'm very close to being ready. One more present to buy and a bunch of baking to do Saturday, then celebrations start and I can relax. I have one more batch of fudge to make, Christmas day dessert and I think I'm going to do two figgy puddings this year, one for Joe's family and one for mine. It's gotten destroyed the last two years, and I don't get enough!

I bookmarked a recipe for a peanut butter chocolate cake a while back (I think Annika posted it - if so, thank you!) . It looks like it might be freezable, so I can make it Saturday, take it out my parents' Sunday and put it in their freezer so I don't have to travel with it for two days.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I'm trying my hardest not to ruin it by being sad about what I don't have. I've been much better about being appreciative of what I *do* have, and feel more at peace because of it. I admit, it does help that the hormones have settled down. That medication just wreaks havoc with my emotions.

Tonight, I think Joe wants to watch Christmas specials. I'm going to try and finish up making my pecan rolls, as well. Just need the work day to end, and then Christmas Vacation!

1 Antiphon:

4:19 PM, December 21, 2012, Anonymous Annika

OMG, that peanut butter chocolate cake is so good. ANd it will feed like 500 people because it's so incredibly rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home