Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I have an exciting new obsession: comic books.

It started with Sin City. Damn, that Frank Miller tells a good story. If you remember, one of the things I liked best about the movie was that I could see the comic unfolding on the screen. Todd lent me a boat-load of comics to read: Sin City, Daredevil, Batman...

I'm hooked. I've started buying. I get my first Serenity comic when it's released the first week of July. I'm also browsing eBay and Daydreams, the comic store around the corner from my office. I'm not positive what I want to start collecting, but I figure I should start with what I like, and I know I like Buffy and Angel (plus the aforementioned Serenity). Except with Buffy and Angel, there are photo and art covers, and I don't like the photo so much as art, and the lots on eBay are more often than not a mixture of both. The difficulties!

I don't have the money for this. What am I thinking?

3 Antiphon:

2:28 AM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Ems

You are such a geek. At least you have a hobby I guess.

 
5:23 PM, June 30, 2005, Blogger jenn

I have the original Elfquest. The big books they put out. They are not being re-released at about $70 a shot. Yeah, I'll probably end up getting them.

*doh*

 
8:55 AM, July 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Warning: comic-book collecting can be extremely addictive! I had to stop as I was running out of storage space...

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home