Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It seems I'm having a difficult time staying caught up. It doesn't help that every time I get some spare time, I wind up with a headache or feeling like crap or don't have the energy to work on my list. I had a two-day headache, starting Monday afternoon as I planted my flower garden. It felt like heat exhaustion, but it didn't go away with sleep, like heat exhaustion does, and yesterday was murder. I am getting this project done by tomorrow's deadline, though, so it was worth coming into work anyway. I guess.

Because of the short deadline on the project, I had to postpone my day out with Calvin. We were going to do it yesterday, and then this thing wasn't finished, so I had to work instead. Fortunately, Cassie hadn't told Calvin we were going yet, since the last time, he was pestering her for two weeks beforehand, asking if today was the day he could go. So we rescheduled for Friday, without Calvin being disappointed. We're going to Adventureland, since he's now tall enough to go on most of the roller coasters. If he wants to. It's a couple hour drive, so I picked up The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on CD, so we can listen on the way there and back. I was supposed to accompany Calvin on a field trip to see it as a play, but got canceled due to weather. I didn't even realize the connection until I told Cassie what I'd picked out!

I'm thinking about giving Calvin a certain amount of money for souvenirs. I want to use it to help teach him about choosing what he wants to spend his money on, instead of just buying him what he wants.

It's a good thing Thursdays usually go by fast!

4 Antiphon:

8:49 PM, May 30, 2007, Blogger Ems

Come on over to Adventureland... You're gonna have a fun filled day...

 
4:32 PM, May 31, 2007, Blogger Technomage

Gosh, My Aunt would just yell at me and make her carry hers bags.

What a great Aunt you are!

 
10:28 PM, June 02, 2007, Blogger Amanda

Calvin's not my nephew...

 
3:07 PM, June 03, 2007, Blogger Ems

Aunt Amanda better not act like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home